The Thrift Shop is often looking for more volunteers. Our main volunteer positions are Cashiers,Sorters and Pricers.
- Cashiers work in the store providing customer service, running the cash register, and keeping the store tidy and organized.
- Sorters and Pricers work in the warehouse, sorting through new donations and determine what price to sell them for.
We also need people with specific skills or abilities to do things like general maintenance, or to test donated electronics. To view the job descriptions for the possible volunteer positions, visit our Volunteer Opportunities page.
To learn which volunteer positions are currently open contact
Thrift Shop Manager: Kristy 204-783-9281
United Way Day of Caring is a unique, year-round opportunity for co-workers and other groups to make a difference in Winnipeggers’ lives by working together on meaningful volunteer projects with local community organizations that focus on:
- Helping kids be all they can be;
- Moving people from poverty to possibility; and
- Encouraging healthy people and strong communities
United Way will match your volunteer group with a non-profit organization to complete a project that complements your priorities, skills, schedule and available people power. Most projects require between five and 20 volunteers; take an average of four weeks to plan, and one-half to one full day to complete.
Past projects have included:
- Helping host a special event like a community barbeque or holiday party
- Working alongside community residents to help beautify a neighbourhood by planting flowers, building a community garden, or participating in a community cleanup
- Collecting donations of much-needed items, including gently used clothing or household goods, hygiene products, or new socks and underwear
- If you have an idea for a project not already on our list, we’ll be happy to explore the need and opportunities.
If you are a non-profit organization in Winnipeg that needs help completing a short-term project, please contact United Way. A Day of Caring is an opportunity to accomplish tasks beyond what your budget and resources may allow. It’s also a good way to put your work and your clients’ needs at the forefront of Winnipeggers’ minds.
Interested in hosting or participating in a Day of Caring, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-477-5360.