Our Resource Centre is a safe and warm environment where Thrive clients interact, seek out supports, and access our computers or phone. Clients accessing the TRC are actively involved in other programs and services at Thrive, including our volunteer or work experience programs.
NEW: THE BABY BOX
WeEntrepreneurs Michelle Vick and Jennifer Clary founded The Baby Box Co. to offer a safe sleep environment to babies everywhere. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative, integrated program to support parents and improve maternal and infant healthcare outcomes globally.
The Baby Box Co. partners with hospitals, government agencies and non-profit organizations to provide Baby Boxes, quality products, resources and ongoing education to families on a large scale; please visit www.babyboxco.com. The Baby Box University education resource is at www.babyboxuniversity.com.
HOW TO GET A BOX
In order to get a free box, you’ll have to complete your community’s online educational course first at: www.babyboxuniversity.com. Once you have completed and obtained your certificate please call 204-775-9934, Thrive Resource Centre, to make an appointment. You must bring in a copy of the certificate and complete our intake which will qualify you to receive your very own BABY BOX from the Resource Centre. (some conditions do apply)
We have been busy putting together these beautiful boxes. As Rhonda statement earlier, we are very happy to have team up with this wonderful company.
Please watch for more information : http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1167542
Funding from Healthy Together Now, offers the wildly popular ‘PICKY EATERS’ workshop in a 4 week class starting March 15th! We are also thrilled to be partnering with Vitamin Angels to provide FREE prenatal vitamins and supplements to our expectant Moms!
TRC SCHEDULE 2017 Please Print
The TRC is located at 555 Spence Street. We can support our registered clients with classes, job search assistance, baby supplies and layettes, and occasional basic needs food supplies.
- Layette service
- Health & nutrition
- Basic needs supplies (appt. only)
- Men groups
- Computer use for educational and work purposes
- Local phone and fax access
- Printing and copying for a limited fee
- Referrals and resources for other community services
- Beverages and light snacks (as available)
- Parenting and Family Classes (Clickhere for class times)
- Prenatal and Baby & Me Classes (Click here for class times)
- A variety of workshop and information sessions
- Tuesdays 1:00-4:00
- Wednesdays 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00
- Thursdays 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00.
- Closed daily from 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- The centre is closed Mondays, Tuesday mornings, and Fridays.
- We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays, and all Holidays.
We currently no longer have the ’emergency food’ program. We do not have the capacity to accommodate on emergency basis anymore. We have a ‘basic needs supplies’ program for families who are engaged in programming or school here or at other social service agencies and educational institutions.”
THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW
100 % of all donations goes directly into Thrive’s programs, workshops, parent classes, layettes, educational field-trips, community dinners, transportation for community members, telephone & computer assess, therapy, children activities, support groups, along with health & nutrition.
Here is a little break down:
- $10 pays * 2 baby wipes packages
- $20 pays* 3.5 containers of baby formula
- $30 pays* 2.5 clothing sets
- $40 pays for crafts for 2 sessions*children’s activities
- $50 pays* 1 box of diapers
- $60 pays *food for 3 parenting classes
- $70 pays for gas to transport community members or pick up donations
- $80 pays for 1.5 months of computer usage by participants looking for jobs, housing, doctors, research, information and much more.
- $90 pays for 40 bus tokens for community members to get to Thrive from home to participant in programs
- $100 pays for 9 hygiene items times 3 plus taxes; 1. deodorant, 2. soap, 3. toothbrush, 4. toothpaste, 5. kleenex, 6. shampoo, 7. conditioner,8. brush, 9. toilet paper….don’t forget the tax.
$550 TOTAL = What do you think?… is that too much to ask for, to support women and men and children in need???
If 55 people donated $10 each month just imagine what we could do!!!