Thank you for your interest and continue support by donating to the Thrive Thrift Shop. Did you know that your donation…
- Helps us to continue to provide the West Central community with access to good quality items at affordable prices
- Provides opportunities for individuals to gain work experience through volunteering
- Supports the programs of Thrive Community Support Circle Inc.
With the support of donors like you, in 2015 the Thrift Shop served over 17,000 customers and worked with more than 100 volunteers!
Many of our sorting and pricing volunteers are from various programs, including disability programs, work experience programs, the Fine Options program, and volunteers doing court-mandated community service. The store supports the programs of Thrive.
We are extremely grateful that you may choose to bring your donations to Thrive. We would not be able to continue offering programs to our community without the help of generous donors such as you. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our work. Once again, thank you for all of your support.
- Donations are accepted Monday-Saturday, 10:00-4:00 at 555 Spence Street. Please bring donations to the back door and ring the doorbell for assistance.
- If you are bringing large donations or a lot of donations, we ask that you call us first at 204-783-9281.
- Please make sure that you do not pack your donations in large, heavy bags or boxes, since these are difficult for our volunteers to lift.
We accept donations such as:
- Clothing and footwear
- Kitchenware and dishes
- Small appliances
- Small furniture
- Toys and baby accessories
- Blankets, sheets, towels, and other linens
Items that we always need more of include good-quality, gently used:
- Pots and pans
- Children’s items (strollers, car seats, playpens, etc.) that are clean and in good condition, have all of their original labels, and still meet current safety guidelines
Unfortunately, there are some donations that we are not able to accept due to space limitations and health and safety laws. We cannot accept the following:
- Computers, typewriters, cassette players
- Large TVs
- Textbooks over 5 years old
- Puzzles and toys that are missing pieces or blow-up toys
- Anything that is battered or in disrepair
- Light fixtures (that need electrical hook up)
- Electronics or appliances that do not work
- Large appliances
- Children’s products (car seats, strollers, cribs, etc.) that are missing labels, or are broken in any way, or do not meet current safety guidelines
- Bike helmets
- Make up
- Infant bath seats
- Encyclopedia sets
If you have any questions about what donations we accept, please phone 204-783-9281 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org * ask for Kristy, the Thrift Shop Manager *
she really wants to hear from you 🙂