Volunteers are essential to our ability to accomplish our mission. Without our dedicated volunteers who generously give their time and energy to keep our Resource Centre, our Office, our Thrift Shop, and our Childcare running smoothly, we would not be able to offer such a wide range and high quality of services.
There are a number of positions for which we accept volunteer applications on an ongoing basis. Click on the links to download the Volunteer Job Description for the following positions.
Thrive Thrift Shop: For more information contact Kristy @ 204-783-9281
- Cashiers provide customer service, ring sales through the cash register, and keep the storefront tidy and organized.
- Pricers assess the value of donated items and price them according to store guidelines.
- Sorters sort new donations.
- Summer Term Cashiers work during the summer to cover shifts while other volunteers are on holiday, providing customer service, ringing sales through the cash register, and keeping the storefront tidy and organized.
- Volunteer Trainers teach new volunteers about cashiering and customer service, as well as about agency policies and safety regulations.
Family Resource Centre: For more information contact Mina or Daphne @ 204-775-9934
- Resource Centre Assistant assist staff in supporting families by providing a warm welcoming environment and supporting the programs and services of the Family Resource Centre.
- Layette Knitters make blankets or baby clothing for the free layettes that we give to expectant mothers and the parents of newborns.
Family Community Centre Childcare: For more information contact Jess @ 204-779-5093
- Childcare Assistants assist staff in creating a nurturing, safe, stimulating childcare environment for infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers attending the Family Community Centre.
All volunteers will be required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement, agreeing to keep all client information confidential. All volunteers will also be required to sign a Disclosure Statement, stating if they have any criminal convictions or current criminal charges. Positions that work with children or work one-on-one with clients will require a Child Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check, at the applicant’s expense. Having a criminal record or criminal charges does not necessarily mean that a person cannot volunteer – a decision will be made based on the recency of the charges and their relevancy to the position.
To apply for any of these positions, download our VOLUNTEER APPLICATION 2017.
Once we have received your volunteer application, we will contact you for an interview if there are openings in the positions you are interested in. Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org